Entrepreneurship is the process of designing, launching, and running a new business which is often initially a small business offering a product, process, or service for sale or hire. The people who create these businesses are called entrepreneurs.
An entrepreneur has been defined as, “a person who starts, organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk; running a small business with all the risk and reward of any given business process”.
Examples of Entrepreneurs
Eddie hopes that his entrepreneurial gamble will pay off as well as the gambles of other well-known entrepreneurs, such as:
- Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft. There are probably not many people that have not been touched by one of his products, such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple computers, which produces Macs, iPods and iPhones, as well as Apple TV.
- Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook.
- Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay.
- Arianna Huffington, founder of the Huffington Post, a well-known online news site.
- Caterina Fake, co-founder of Flikr, which hosts images and videos on the Internet.